And this is just the Beta release! Even more to come in the official release soon.
BETA Release Features:
- Ability to play the current chord from small external .mp3 or .ogg sounds (no Flash, but real HTML5 audio) depending on the browser support.
- Cool and friendly stompbox-like interface with LED display, knobs and large play button.
- Chord data is stored in easy to understand json file(s) that can be easily edited.
- User-defined chords data files.
- User-defined chord types.
- Any chord can be added and played.
- Sounds are loaded on demand.
- Incredibly small footprint.
- Ability to display 3 inversions for each chord.
- Customizable backlit color of the LED display.
- Fully localizable.
- Easy to install, setup and use on any standards-compliant website.
- Fully AJAX driven.
Planned Features for the Official Release
- Support for multiple chord data files that can be changed on the fly.
- Add more chords and inversions.
- Add flat and sharp variants of the current chord.
- All sounds will be embedded as base64-encoded data in a cacheable json file.
- Convenient tuner.
- Volume control.
- Continuous chord playing.
- Highlighting of the currently played note.
- UI improvements.
- Export of the current chord in text format.
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
GuitarChords.JS does not initialize on older versions of Internet Explorer.
- Standards-compliant webpage (XHTML, HTML5) or optionally Skinny DTD. GuitarChords.JS will not initialize on pages with non-standards compliant DTDs and will display a warning.
- Web server.